I've partnered with Vital Proteins to create a matcha protein pancake recipe! A lot of you may be familiar with whey protein already, but what is collagen peptide? According to Vital Proteins, "collagen peptides supply amino acids that are needed to build new collagen." It supports healthy nails, hair, skin, and helps maintain and restore the protein content of muscle. You can read more about it here!
Yields ten 4-inch pancakes
1 cup almond milk
6 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 scoop collagen peptides
2 scoops whey protein
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp matcha powder
2% fat Greek yogurt
1. Whisk eggs until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, mix matcha powder, coconut flour, peptides, protein, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt.
3. Stir in eggs and almond milk until smooth.
4. Heat skillet to medium and coat with coconut oil.
5. Drop spoonfuls of batter (I made 4" pancakes) and flip after 1 minute (or until underside is lightly browned).
6. Top with Greek yogurt, granola, raspberries, and drizzle with honey.