I’ve partnered with Vital Proteins to bring you this post. All opinions remain my own.
This is my first time making donuts, and I'm glad they came out successful! I was so excited to create chocolate protein donuts with Vital Proteins' Cocoa & Coconut Water Collagen Whey! I've partnered with them to create one recipe a month until August, so stay tuned for more!
Here are the step-by-step instructions for my donut recipe:
Yields 4 donuts
1/4 c coconut flour
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1½ cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup finely chopped strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease donut pan with coconut oil or butter and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together chocolate protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together applesauce, yogurt, and egg. Combine both bowls and whisk together well to make the batter.
3. Fill donut molds with batter (I put the batter in a Ziploc bag and cut a small hole to use as a piping bag). Tap the mold on the counter to even out the batter.
4. Bake donuts in oven for 10 minutes.
5. While the donuts are baking, crush 1/2 cup of strawberries in a bowl. Add 1½ cup of powdered sugar and whisk until you have a thick glaze. Set aside.
6. Remove donut mold from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Then place donuts on cooling rack to finish cooling.
7. Dip the donuts into glaze and serve.
I also sliced and chopped up strawberries to decorate my donuts! I used Greek yogurt on one of the donuts so that the chopped strawberries would stay on top.